Thursday, March 04, 2010

Airbrush practice




Due to circumstances I haven't been able to airbrush for a year and a half. One tends to get kind of rusty in such a case. I did some portraits, but it simply took too much time. The mean problem is concentration; it takes too much energy to keep the airbrush' flow consistent. This can only be improved by practicing a lot. The picture below shows the result of my self training so far. The canvas size is about 50 cm wide by 30 cm tall. This is what I sprayed in approximately 4 hours, including breaks. In some time I should be able to finish a 50 x 75 cm portrait in two or 3 evenings. This is the target which will make airbrushing portraits commercially viable.

Airbrush: Iwata HP-BH, paint: Illu-Color, surface artificial canvas for photo printing.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: